Friday 20 April 2012

Angel Amidst the Trees (Video Art)

I created this piece of video art a couple of months ago amongst a time of disarray and disorder in my life. It is an eerie piece, and does it have some significance to my feelings at the time? It started off as an experimental piece of work and I will discuss the processes that enabled me to produce the eventual outcome.



I took a photograph on a sunny, crisp day in January at Cusworth Hall in the grounds.



 My thoughts were 'how would this tree appear upon a late evening in an eerie setting?', I watch too many horror films I reckon, or could it be the horrors in life's ventures. I then experimented digitally using Photoshop combining a range of tools and techniques, engrossed in music to inspire and heighten my creative senses and also for enjoyment purposes.


I was absolutely thrilled when I reached this outcome, it was perfect, spot on.  My next procedure was to use Final Cut to layer up, duplicate, resize, zoom, colour balance and obviously have it moving along a time frame. When completed I was amazed at some of the shapes that appeared and quiet a few people, including myself, could visibly see an angel in the middle (can you?).

There needed to be music to suit, so accessed GarageBand and experimented with a variety of samples and selected some that were best fit to keep with the atmosphere and mood of the visuals and added them to the timeline. The music when added heightened the intensity making it more disconcerting and spooky. Hope you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment